According the County’s 2013 budget
- Centre Crest’s budget is $18.5 million.
- Outside revenues provide $17.5 million.
- County funds are expected to provide $1.0 million in 2013.
- The County also provides about $450,000 from debt millage for bonds that funded upgrades to Centre Crest in the ‘90’s and 2010.
- In previous years, net use of County funds was:
- $1,091,368 in 2012
- $6,712 in 2011 (yes that’s six thousand and change)
- $56,000 in 2010
- $249,914 in 2009
- $815,659 in 2008
What happened to change Centre Crest’s financial outlook so fast?
- In 2010 & 2011, Centre Crest needed virtually no county money.
- In 2012, the budget projected the County would put almost $1.1 million into Centre Crest. And news reports say it was $1.5 million.
- Why the sudden and dramatic change of fortunes?
- The Medicaid reimbursement formula has been the same since 2006.
According to the County budget, even with $1 million in County funds being used for Centre Crest:
- 95% of the cost of operating Centre Crest comes from outside funding in '12 & '13.
- 5% comes from County funds.
- In previous years, the county share was much smaller – virtually 0% in '10 & '11.
How many other County departments are supported by 95% to 100% outside funding?